Kriens

Kriens

Monday, October 24, 2011

Happy Birthday to my Granddad & Lovey! (by Jakey)

Hi, I'm Jake and I'm two and a half, and I'm doing my first post on Mommy's blog (well, Mommy is helping!) Last week our family celebrated TWO birthdays, which means we ate lots of yummy cake!! I am my grandparent's first grandchild, so that makes me very special. Earlier this week, my Granddad turned 60, and then my Lovey had her birthday a few days later... It was fun to sing and make special cards for them. We brought Granddad donuts and kolaches in the morning before school, and we got Lovey her favorite color flowers, blue. My grandparents are very special to me and we spend a lot of time together. I am very lucky they live so close to me. When mommy needs a babysitter they are almost always around to help, and if she and Daddy need a date night I can just spend the night with them. I even have my own room at their house, but I prefer to sleep in their bed snuggled between them, it's just more fun!

We do many fun things together, such as going to the mall to ride rides and play games, and eating at my favorite places such as James Coney Island. I love to play at their house because of all the fun toys they have-- some were even my mom and Aunt Ashley's when they were little! Usually I eat Cheetos or a Popsicle while I'm there too, since Lovey & Granddad know how much I love those. I love to play ball, especially baseball with Granddad, or football so we can wrestle! Riding in Lovey's car is the best because she has some of my favorite songs to listen and sing along to. They even took me to an Imagination Movers concert, which is one of my favorite shows to watch.  Granddad has his own chair in their den to watch TV, and they even got one for me that's just my size so we can watch together! Wizard of Oz is one of my favorites to watch over there, and Lovey sings the songs to me. Sometimes Lovey or Granddad will come with Mommy to drop me off or pick me up from school, which always makes me excited.

And this year they promised to take me to the rodeo again so I can get dressed up like a cowboy and ride a horsey! Lovey grew up with a horsey and she always talks to me about riding. They even used to sing me a silly song and bounce me on their knee when I was a baby, called "Ride that Horsey". We've been on some fun trips to our lake house and to Sea World in San Antonio too, which I can't wait to go back and visit again. I loved riding in the boat and seeing Shamu for the first time. We also love talking on the phone to each other, and sometimes I sing to them while I play my guitar over the phone, which they really like a lot! Granddad taught me a funny trick, and I love doing to it people. I say "what's that?" as I point at their shirt, and when they look down, I tap their nose and say "boop!"  Everyone thinks its pretty funny! While its clear I inherited my parent's athletic ability, particularly my Dad's, Lovey says my dramatics definitely come from Mommy, hehe! Many times when Mommy or Daddy comes to get me from my grandparent's house, I don't want to leave because I'm having too much fun!

I am very thankful for my Granddad and Lovey and all the wonderful things we do together. They make me feel so special and I'm lucky to have them. My middle name is the same as Granddad's: Knox. It's just like his Dad's middle name, so we all share it and that makes me proud. It was a great week celebrating them, and I can't wait to make many more memories together. This weekend we are throwing a big birthday party for my Granddad and I can't wait to dance with everyone, I have some really good moves! It will be fun to have all our extended family and close friends together.



HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY GRANDDAD & LOVEY, I LOVE YOU BOTH TO THE MOON & BACK!!!

Hugs, Kisses, High Fives & Fist Bumps,
Jacob Knox

No comments:

Post a Comment